As Bulk Loader you will be responsible for performing all tasks associated with loading bulk flour trailers and spot vans and feed trailers so that finished products can be delivered on time to our customer per written procedures, policy, and regulations. The Loader must perform in a busy environment with constantly moving machinery, and act according to written procedures, policy, and regulations. To succeed, you must be able to:
- Perform duties and deliver results in new situations while adhering to safety and food safety policies without compromising the team’s values.
- Serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
- Operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency.
- Deal with and drive change.
- Organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Learn and apply new technology and share your knowledge with others.
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
- Responsible for safe operation of yard dog to prevent damage to property, equipment or injury to employees
- Responsible for spotting van trailers at the warehouse docks at the request of supervision or packing team
- Responsible for spotting bulk feed trailers, un-tarping & re- tarping trailer, and staging back on the yard once loads are completed
- Responsible for loading bulk flour trucks.
- Responsible for periodic loading and unloading of railcars
- Responsible for periodic unloading of trucks
- Responsible for periodic movement of railcars using the track mobile.
- Expectation is to also learn the flour blender job and step in for the flour blender in their absence.
- Responsible for ensuring that Bulk Flour Vessels meet HACCP, Sanitation, and Food Safety Requirements (including sealing of the trailers).
- Responsible for Conformance to Customer, Plant, Divisional, Corporate, Regulatory, HACCP, Food Safety, Personal Safety, and Sanitation requirements.
- Responsible for accuracy and integrity of record keeping, bulk loading reports, incident reporting, Master Sanitation Schedules, Loadout Sifter Reports, Finished product zone permits, permit usage, loadout analysis reports and records, and miscellaneous reports.
- Responsible for sanitation in the bulk flour areas and trailer storage areas
- Responsible for communicating to supervisors and department personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive working relationship with coworkers, supervisors, and carriers.
Essential skills and experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong reading comprehension, writing, and math skills.
- Proficient in computer tools including email and spreadsheets.
- Proficient in English both written and verbally.
- Strong work planning and decision-making skills.
- Analytical skills to recognize and assess problems.
Good to have:
- At least one year of manufacturing or plant operations experience.
- Experience as a team lead.
- Experience driving a tractor trailer, forklift, or shuttle wagon.
Physical requirements and working conditions (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and exert 20 pounds of force.
- Able to work in a production environment and wear respiratory protection.
- Able to work in hot and cold conditions.
- Ascend and Descend stairs throughout the facility.
- Climb step and extension ladders as well as on top of rail cars (if necessary).
- Wear the required PPE.
- Must be willing to accept accountability and work well in a team.
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts, weekends, Holidays, 7-day weeks, and opposing shifts when needed.
- Must be willing to get cross-trained in at least one other position for development within the facility and to provide any relief duties as needed.
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.
1B Riverside Lane, Chattanooga TN, 37406
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Our mills and facilities are the heart and soul of our company. Each one has a personality of its own - a reflection of its people and community. We're proud of our team and are committed to giving back to the communities we call home.
Read more >
Our hiring process
While the experience of applying for a job at Ardent Mills may vary from mill to mill and from role to role, it almost always involves following the same basic process outlined below:
Our talent acquisition team will review your resume to check you have the experience and qualifications we are looking for. Everyone who applies for a job at Ardent Mills receives a response from us, so we will email you to let you know the outcome whether you have been successful or not.
A member of our talent acquisition team may speak to you on the phone to find out more about you and determine whether you are potentially a good fit for the role.
If the hiring team thinks you could be the person they are looking for, you are likely to be invited to an interview.
As the successful applicant, you will be made a verbal offer followed by a written one. Once you have accepted our offer, you will need to go through a background check and potential other pre-employment contingencies, which can take up to 10 business days.