As Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring high performance execution of flour load out activities and production scheduling across multiple shifts to ensure we produce products that meet established quality, customer service, safety, innovation and cost metrics consistent with schedules and policies. This position will ensure systems, processes, and resources are in place to provide the best cost and efficient production of grain based food products for our customers.
To succeed, you must be able to:
- Perform duties and deliver results in new situations while adhering to safety and food safety policies without compromising the team’s values.
- Serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
- Operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency.
- Deal with and drive change.
- Organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Learn and apply new technology and share your knowledge with others.
- Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
- Drive safety initiatives to ensure injury-free performance including monthly safety training, observation audits, daily employee toolbox meetings, and near-miss / first-aid root cause and corrective actions.
- Provide leadership development for Supervisors/LDPs and for production employees.
- Oversees facility Bulk Load Out Department, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership for the day to day execution of the blending and bulk team to ensure ELEMEDS.
- Leads team members to manage all shift operations within the facility.
- Supervises operations to attain production, loadout and quality goals.
- Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production/loading processes and resolves issues.
- Ensures resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production and loading schedules.
- Supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost and customer service.
- Maintain compliance with company policies, regulatory requirements, quality specifications, safety policies and sanitation practices
- Control costs of production, quality, and sanitation.
- Participate in and lead team through customer issue follow-up and corrective actions.
- Develop, participate and lead process improvement initiatives including Centerlining, Preventative Maintenance, Pristine, 5S and ELEMEDS (Every Load, Every Mill, Every Day Safely).
- Implements systems and processes to maintain a highly engaged workforce. Holds direct reports accountable for actively addressing engagement issues and for identifying/leveraging best practices in engagement.
- Applies disciplinary actions when needed.
- Customer Focus – Build customer awareness to drive high levels of service.
- Ability to provide operational support 24/7.
- No allergies to dust or wheat products.
- Ability to work at high elevations and confined spaces when required.
Essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years equivalent job experience.
2+ years experience in plant operations.
1+ years experience in supervision of production department.
- Strong mechanical skills.
Proficient in computer tools including email and Microsoft Suite (Excel).
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and execute.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Collaborative and energizing leadership and people management skills.
- This role requires competencies in the areas of influence, communication, teamwork, interpersonal effectiveness, initiative and process discipline.
- Ability to handle various tasks simultaneously.
- Willing to take a hands-on approach to leadership and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships.
- Ability to effectively lead and influence across all levels within the organization.
- Ability to coach and provide feedback.
- Ability to create/modify/write specifications, training materials, and/or best practices.
- Capability and willingness to continue to develop and broaden an extensive knowledge of relevant areas of expertise.
- Experience managing projects, and driving data based decision making process.
- Proven ability to identify issues, obtain relevant information, and compare facts from different sources to identify solutions.
- Analytical Problem Solving: Able to identify problems; apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root cause using data.
Demonstrated Safety and Food Safety Champion Behaviors.
Physical requirements and working conditions (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work in a dusty environment and wear respiratory protection.
- Able to work in hot and cold conditions.
- Must be willing to accept accountability and work well in a team.
- Willing and able to work weekends, Holidays, 7-day weeks, and opposing shifts when needed.
- Willing to relocate.
At Ardent Mills, everyone matters and everyone has a voice. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and team members and the decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, aboriginality, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, age, political affiliation, or any other non-merit characteristic protected by law or not. Together, celebrating our differences, we make Ardent Mills.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.
4200 Sullivant Ave, Columbus OH, 43228
Additional Locations (if applicable):
“…we work hard to always serve our customers and create value in the Ardent Mills experience”
- Pack and Warehouse Supervisor
Read more >
Our hiring process
While the experience of applying for a job at Ardent Mills may vary from mill to mill and from role to role, it almost always involves following the same basic process outlined below:
Our talent acquisition team will review your resume to check you have the experience and qualifications we are looking for. Everyone who applies for a job at Ardent Mills receives a response from us, so we will email you to let you know the outcome whether you have been successful or not.
A member of our talent acquisition team may speak to you on the phone to find out more about you and determine whether you are potentially a good fit for the role.
If the hiring team thinks you could be the person they are looking for, you are likely to be invited to an interview.
As the successful applicant, you will be made a verbal offer followed by a written one. Once you have accepted our offer, you will need to go through a background check and potential other pre-employment contingencies, which can take up to 10 business days.