As a Warehouse Loader, you will be responsible for assisting in warehouse activities such as maintaining sanitation of the area and feeding in off-grade product.
Qualified candidates may be eligible for up to $2,000 Sign-on Bonus.
To succeed, you must be able to:
- Perform duties and deliver results in new situations while adhering to safety and food safety policies without compromising the team’s values.
- Serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
- Operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency.
- Deal with and drive change.
- Organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Learn and apply new technology and share your knowledge with others.
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
- Review the work schedule.
- Maintain the equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled.
- Comply with PPE & GMP requirements.
- Assists the Lift Truck Operator in loading rail cars, including cleaning and preparing rail cars for loading.
- Restacks pallets of product.
- Feeds in off-grade product.
- Participates weekly in mill repair.
- Performs housekeeping and sanitation during and at the end of shift.
- Any other reasonably assigned duty.
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisor.
- Will also be trained in and hold a relief job to cover when there are vacations or call-offs. This relief job will be in one of the following departments: bulk loading/car cleaning, blending, packing, and warehouse.
Essential skills and experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in computer tools including email and spreadsheets.
- Proficient in English both written and verbally.
Good to have:
- Experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Basic mechanical understanding/experience.
Physical requirements and working conditions (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as is required by the operating areas (i.e. safety glasses, protective footwear, hearing protection and, at times, a respirator).
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts: 1st (0700 – 1500), 2nd (1500 – 2300), 3rd shift (2300 – 0700); weekends; Holidays; 7-day weeks; and opposing shifts when needed.
- Able to work a machine paced continuous process that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with conditions which include:
- Heat/Cold temperatures (inclement weather).
- Indoor/Outdoor environment.
- Dusty environment.
- Noisy environment.
- Frequent moving/vibration/ or other motion of equipment/processes.
- Elevated Places.
- Must pass a physical abilities test with or without reasonable accommodation with the ability to:
- Frequently stand, walk, rotate, bend/stoop, twist, crouch, kneel, balance and reach or lift at shoulder level, above shoulder level, and below shoulder level.
- Frequently climb stairs and/or ladders.
- Frequently lift, shovel and/or carry up-to 50 pounds and occasionally lift up-to 81 pounds.
- Frequently push/pull/torque up to 36 pounds of force.
- Must be willing to accept accountability and work well in a team.
- Must meet the company performance standards for the job.
- Must be willing to be cross-trained in at least one other position for development within the facility and to provide any relief duties as needed.
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.
“Every day I get to make decisions on adjustments that need to be made on equipment. I set priorities as to what will be worked on during a repair cycle. I get to interact with people and encourage them. I also get to solve problems with my team.”
- Head Miller
Read more >
Our hiring process
While the experience of applying for a job at Ardent Mills may vary from mill to mill and from role to role, it almost always involves following the same basic process outlined below:
Our talent acquisition team will review your resume to check you have the experience and qualifications we are looking for. Everyone who applies for a job at Ardent Mills receives a response from us, so we will email you to let you know the outcome whether you have been successful or not.
A member of our talent acquisition team may speak to you on the phone to find out more about you and determine whether you are potentially a good fit for the role.
If the hiring team thinks you could be the person they are looking for, you are likely to be invited to an interview.
As the successful applicant, you will be made a verbal offer followed by a written one. Once you have accepted our offer, you will need to go through a background check and potential other pre-employment contingencies, which can take up to 10 business days.